This past week was rough on Team (mal)Contents, y’all. Scarlet’s shared a bit about what’s going on with her family on social media recently (so go read about it there). Dave was feeling pretty rough on Friday, so we had to postpone recording. But rather than skip this week, I decided to do something fun and introduce you to a member of the next generation of the Armstrong army: my eldest daughter Abigail.
Abigail loves reading, and she’s becoming quite the writer herself, spending many hours each day working on her stories. Listen in as we discuss:
- Some of Abigail’s favorite series
- What she likes reading the most
- What it’s like growing up in a house full of books
- What the best and worst things about having a dad for a writer is
- What plotting a story looks like for her
- If she feels resentful about being the gatekeeper on books for her siblings
A few of the books mentioned on today’s episode
- The Gateway Chronicles by K.B. Hoyle
- Bone by Jeff Smith
- The Map to Everywhere by Carrie Ryan and John Parker Davis
- Keep of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to the show.
- Give us a follow on Twitter and Instagram at @MalContentsPod
- Be sure to use the Amazon affiliate links above to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the show.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM us on Twitter or Instagram.