Ligonier Ministries strives, with your support, to leverage new media technology for the advancement of God’s Kingdom. To that end, we’re pleased to announce that the digital edition of Tabletalk magazine is now available for your iPad™. Lord willing, before Christmas, we’ll announceTabletalk’s availability on the Kindle Fire and Android tablets.
- God’s Love: How the Infinite God Cares for His Children by R.C. Sproul – $2.99
- The Mighty Weakness of John Knox by Douglas Bond – 99¢ (ePub fans, purchase the book at Ligonier.org)
- Hymns by William Cowper – 99¢
- Modest: Men and Women Clothed in the Gospel by RW Glenn and Tim Challies – $2.99 (US only)
- Christians Get Depressed Too by David Murray – $2.99
Today is $5 Friday at Ligonier.org. This week’s offerings include:
- A Survey of Church Historyteaching series by W. Robert Godfrey (download)
- Abortion by R.C. Sproul (hardcover)
- What’s So Great About the Doctrines of Grace? by Richard Phillips (eBook download)
For the past several decades there has been slow gospel growth in Uttar Pradesh, but recently the pace has increased and more and more people are coming to the Lord. This local church pastor is native to India and fluent in both English and Hindi. He is a graduate of Southern Seminary and completed the internship program at Mark Dever’s Capitol Hill Baptist Church before returning to Lucknow to take up the work here. You may have heard him share his testimony at the most recent Together for the Gospel conference. While he and his church are not in imminent danger of outright physical persecution, it would be unwise to mention his name or the name of his church. Christianity is regarded as a western religion and conversions to Christianity—of which they are seeing many—are regarded as defection or disloyalty.