Kindle deals for Christian readers
Amazon’s Big Deal sale started yesterday, and there are a number of great books on sale including these four by Kevin DeYoung ($2.99 each):
Also on sale:
- One Way Love by Tullian Tchividjian—$1.99
- Jesus or Nothing by Dan DeWitt—$2.99
- 100 Bible Verses Everyone Should Know by Heart by Robert J. Morgan—99¢
- The Insanity of Obedience by Nik Ripkin—$2.99
Today’s also the last day to take advantage of Crossway’s regular weekly deals:
- Treasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full by Gloria Furman—$3.99
- Glimpses of Grace by Gloria Furman—$3.99
- Comforts from the Cross by Elyse M. Fitzpatrick—$3.99
- Disciplines of a Godly Woman by Barbara Hughes—$4.99
- Faithful Women and Their Extraordinary God by Noël Piper—$3.99
Gaye and Anna Clark:
Anna, like many young women, is a self-proclaimed Daddy’s girl. Throughout her life, he’d been the go-to parent for her. “I’m just like Dad,” she would explain. “Besides, Nathan is your favorite anyway.”
Ouch. I didn’t want to be accused of playing favorites. With my husband’s recent death, I held both my children closer than ever. How could I improve my relationship with my adult daughter and point her to Christ?
Recently, I asked Anna, now 22 and a senior at Covenant College, to give me nine things a mother needs to know about her adult daughter. So she and her friends crowded around a lunch table. Much of what they said, to me, looks a lot like the practical application of Ephesians 6.
Kevin DeYoung continues his series “Hymns we should sing more often.”
If you were wondering why I think Nashville is a pretty rad place to visit, this might help:
A friend recently said to me, “I don’t deserve the life I have. Years ago I was wandering from God out in the far country and He saved me; He gave me a wife that I don’t deserve, children that I don’t deserve, a biblically faithful church and is now giving me opportunities to be used in His church. People are always talking about miracles, but this is the real miracle–that God would save us, redeem our lives and use us in His Kingdom.” I couldn’t agree more.