Hi, I’m Aaron. I’m an author, blogger, speaker, and stereotype Instagrammer. And if whether this is your first time here or you’re a regular reader, I hope you’ve noticed something really important:
I talk about Jesus a lot here.
Why? Well, aside from the fact that not talking about Jesus wouldn’t really make sense thematically, really, there isn’t much more important to talk about than Jesus. After all, the gospel is the best news one could ever hear—the good news of Jesus’ death, burial and resurrection in victory over Satan, sin and death. If you know the gospel, if you’ve experienced the goodness of God firsthand, then you know just how good this news really is.
Here are a few other things worth knowing about me:
- I’m married to the coolest girl in the word (she even has artwork available for download at iStock)
- I love being a daddy to my children, Abigail, Hannah, and Hudson (that’s me and the whole family in the picture above)
- I am not nearly as wise as I am smart and I would like that to change
- I’ve never been to seminary (I’m not against it, but I’ve not had the opportunity)
A few of my favorite and/or most popular articles:
- God Won’t Give You More Than You Can Handle
- Sin makes smart people stupid
- 3 reasons why some churches don’t grow (that you don’t usually hear)
- Why I Quit Following (Most) Celebrity Pastors on Twitter and Maybe You Should, Too
- How can Christians maintain a faithful witness in Canada?
- The three most amazing letters in the Bible
- Critics, Criticism and Character
What else should you know?
My first two books, Awaiting a Savior: The Gospel, the New Creation and the End of Poverty and Contend: Defending the Faith in a Fallen World are now available. In addition to blogging daily here, I occasionally contribute to the Gospel Coalition’s blogs and a few other places around the Interwebs. Our family worships & serves at Harvest Bible Chapel in London, Ontario.