Hi, I’m Aaron. I’m an author, blogger, speaker, and stereotype Instagrammer.
If this is your first time here or you’re a regular reader, I hope you’ve noticed something really important:
I talk about Jesus a lot here.
Why? Well, aside from the fact that not talking about Jesus wouldn’t really make sense thematically, really, there isn’t much more important to talk about than Jesus. After all, the gospel is the best news one could ever hear—the good news of Jesus’ death, burial and resurrection in victory over Satan, sin and death. If you know the gospel, if you’ve experienced the goodness of God firsthand, then you know just how good this news really is.
Here are a few other things worth knowing about me:
- I’m married to the coolest girl in the word
- I love being a daddy to my children, Abigail, Hannah, and Hudson (that’s me and the whole family in the picture above)
- As of August 1, 2016, I work as the Brand Manager of The Gospel Project, a chronological, all-ages Bible study showing how all Scripture points to Jesus.
- In January 2015, I began working toward my Masters of Arts in Theological Studies through Covenant Theological Seminary, in St. Louis, Missouri.
- I am a regular contributor to Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary’s For the Church blog and The Gospel Coalition (usually book reviews). My writing has also been seen on ChurchLeaders.com, ExploreGod.com, BlueLetterBible.org, and a number of other websites.
A few of my favorite and/or most popular articles:
- God Won’t Give You More Than You Can Handle
- Sin makes smart people stupid
- 3 reasons why some churches don’t grow (that you don’t usually hear)
- Why I Quit Following (Most) Celebrity Pastors on Twitter and Maybe You Should, Too
- How can Christians maintain a faithful witness in Canada?
- The three most amazing letters in the Bible
- Critics, Criticism and Character
What else should you know?
My first two books, Awaiting a Savior: The Gospel, the New Creation and the End of Poverty and Contend: Defending the Faith in a Fallen World are now available. In addition to blogging daily here, I occasionally contribute to the Gospel Coalition’s blogs and a few other places around the Interwebs. Now living in America, our family is part of Redemption City Church in Franklin, Tennessee.
A brief disclaimer
The opinions expressed on this blog are my own. If you read something you disagree with, please don’t hold it against my employer.
One legally required point
Blogging Theologically is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com