Every day, we hear and use sayings like, “God won’t give you more than you can handle,” or “money is the root of all evil.” I’ve no doubt you can imagine dozens more sayings like these—our tidbits of “everyday theology.”
While we use these sayings to justify our actions, build our worldview, and, in some cases, define movements, how often do we stop and ask ourselves whether or not they’re true?
This series is an attempt to do exactly that. I hope you enjoy and find it profitable.
- God helps those who help themselves
- Money is the root of all evil
- Spare the rod, spoil the child
- God won’t give you more than you can handle
- Preach the gospel always, if necessary use words.
- God wants your best life…now!
- Just Listen to your heart
- It’s Just Cultural
- You Need To Feed Yourself