A couple months back, James MacDonald examined personal revelation in his Hope in the Authority of the King series. Here he explains his perspective on the way God speaks:
MacDonald describes five methods in which God speaks:
- From the Word of God itself (this is most common)
- From the Word through a person (this is less common)
- From a person, not contradicting the Word (this is not common)
- From the Holy Spirit to my spirit (this is uncommon)
- In a dream to my mind (this is very uncommon)
You can find a PDF of the chart shown in the video here.
The first two, we’ve undoubtedly all experienced at some point.
If you’ve read the Bible wanting to hear from God, you’ll hear from Him. [Read more...]