Kindle deals for Christian readers
Today’s the last day to take advantage of these deals from Crossway:
- Taking God At His Word—$3.99
- The Hole in Our Holiness—$3.99
- Don’t Call It a Comeback—$2.99
- The Holy Spirit—99¢
- Acting the Miracle—$2.99
Also worth checking out:
- The Shorter Catechism Made Simple by Andrew Conway—$2.99
- Christians Are Hate-Filled Hypocrites…and Other Lies You’ve Been Told by Bradley R.E. Wright—99¢
- A Biblical Case for an Old Earth by David Snoke—$2.99
- The End for Which God Created the World by Jonathan Edwards—$2.99
- Stop Asking Jesus Into Your Heart by JD Greear—$2.99
Jake Meador, compares redemptive themes in Les Miserables and Harry Potter:
In Les Mis, a man is restored to life by the love of a man. In Harry Potter, a man is restored to life by the love of… the law?
Does this mean you and I are bad parents because we have a job outside of the home? Is quitting your job and never leaving your family the standard of being a good father or mother?
I don’t think it is. In fact, I think this line of thinking can actually be harmful to your child.
Here are five ways to be a good parent without quitting your day job.
The drift from biblical orthodoxy to spiritualized leftism has profound real-world consequences. The church isn’t just shuffling out of Christianity, it’s shuffling out of existence. The church has lost 37 percent of its members since 1992, and the trend is accelerating. According to Christianity Today, “in 2013, membership declined by 5 percent as 148 congregations left for other denominations — the largest annual membership loss in nearly 50 years.”
The statistics are remarkable.
- 99% of those surveyed are happy with their lives.
- 97% answered yes to the question, “Do you like who you are?”
- 99% agreed with the statement, “Do you love your family?”
Do you know of any group of people, of any economic status, educational level, age, ethnicity, or geographic region, who approach those percentages? Who are these happy people?
People living with Down syndrome.