Apparently we need podcasting therapy, as our relationship issues come to the surface. Things got weird in the studio as we recorded a special sort-of-Valentines-Day-y episode of Table of (mal)Contents. Listen in as we discuss:
- Why Barnabas and Aaron dislike Love and Respect (while not throwing shade at Gary Chapman)
- Which is a worse term: book baby or fur baby?
- Why are there so many marriage books out there—and why are so many terrible?
- Who should never write a marriage book?
- What can actually be helpful about relationship books?
- The relationship book we should write
The book(s) we didn’t rip on today:
- The Meaning of Marriage by Timothy Keller
- My Squirrel Days by Ellie Kemper
- South of Broad: A Novelby Pat Conroy