Many Christians of a certain persuasion seem to struggle to read fiction. At all. But fiction is a powerful tool for engaging the culture and is especially helpful for those of us who are writers.
In this episode you’ll hear:
- How I got back into reading fiction
- Five fiction books for you to consider
- A semi-dramatic reading of Douglas Adams
A few of the books and resources discussed in this episode
- High Fidelity by Nick Hornby
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
- The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis
- Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
- Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams
What’s happening on the next episode of the podcast?
Next week, I’ll hopefully be returning to our regular format with a new series of guests.
Can I sponsor Reading Writers?
Want to sponsor a future episode of Reading Writers? Send me a note and let’s talk.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Reading Writers via iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast catcher. Please also consider leaving a rating and review on iTunes. This only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show. Finally, if you know someone who would benefit from listening, share it on your favorite social media network.
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Reading Writers!