Every year, I’ve taken some time off during the summer from blogging. It’s a terrific time to unplug, unwind, catch up on my other projects, and give you the chance to read some really great content from a number of different voices.
In year’s past, I’ve put out an open call to readers, but this year I did something a little different and invited a number of friends to join in the fun. Some of these folks are undoubtedly very familiar to readers both here and in the Christian blogosphere in general. Others are new faces you’ll want to get to know.
Here are a few people you’ll be reading some fantastic stuff from in July:
- Michael Kelley, author of Boring and Wednesdays Were Pretty Normal
- Rob Tims, author of Southern Fried Faith and discipleship strategist at LifeWay
- Brandon Hiltibidal, discipleship strategist at LifeWay
- Ben Reed, author of Starting Small: The Ultimate Small Group Blueprint, and small groups pastor at Long Hollow Baptist Church
- Amber Van Schooneveld, author of Hope Lives, and one of my partners in crime at Compassion Canada
- Jacob Abshire, author of Forgiveness and Faith, and founder of Resolute Creative
- Sarah Van Beveren, blogger and fellow Canadian
- Ben Riggs of Apex Community Church in Kettering, Ohio
- Dave Jenkins, director of Servants of Grace
And that’s just a few. Don’t surprised to see more names pop up over the next while.
What will I be doing while I’m away? Among other things, our family will be spending a week in the land of spotty wi-fi (a cottage not too far away from Campbellford, Ontario), catching up on some reading, and, hopefully, making some headway on a couple of projects I’ve let linger for far too long. (Prayer would be appreciated for that.)
Looking forward to being back soon!