Kindle deals for Christian readers
Lots of good stuff on sale today:
- The Emotionally Healthy Leader by Peter Scazzero—$3.99
- The Emotionally Healthy Church by Peter Scazzero—$3.99
- A Theology for the Church by Daniel Akin—$2.99
- A Theology for Christian Education by Michael Anthony, James Estep and Greg Allison—$2.99
- Everlasting Dominion by Eugene Merrill—$2.99
- Acts in Prayer by E.W. Price—99¢
- Christian Worship: Its Theology and Practice by Franklin M. Segler & Randall Bradley—$2.99
- The Teaching Ministry of the Church by William Yount—$2.99
- Future Israel by Barry Horner—$2.99
- A God of Many Understandings? by Todd Miles—$2.99
- Salvation and Sovereignty by Kenneth Keathley—$2.99
In the isolated dark office, sin disguises itself as “free” — free of cost, free of accountability, and free of consequences. Don’t believe the lie. Deconstructing the phrase “Free Porn” may save your marriage, and ultimately your relationship with Christ. Here is a truth we desperately need today — there is no such thing as free porn.
Yet another video has been released, this one more horrific than the last (if that’s possible). Justin Taylor provides a helpful FAQ here.
While confessing the sin of abortion may seem like it heaps more judgment and condemnation on you, God’s Word reveals something entirely different. When we turn to Jesus Christ in our conviction of sin—instead of shifting blame over it, justifying it, or simply ignoring it—we find hope and healing in the one who bore God’s wrath for sin on the cross.
“You must have a guardian Angel watching over you!” You’ve either heard it said or have said it to someone after their life took an unexpected and much needed turn for the better. It might seem like an irrelevant question in our post-modern, technological, post-enlightenment, scientific world; but, I care deeply about whether or not there are such things as guardian Angels appointed by God to watch over believers.
At that time, what I intended by putting that verse in my locker was to remind myself that I could run one more 40 yard dash through Christ who strengthens me. I could do one more drill through Christ who strengthens me. I could knock one more guy over through Christ who strengthens me. But then one faithful Friday night, my high school football team lined up across from another team – the Dumas Demons. And after the game, I saw a group of those Demons kneeling in prayer on the 50 yard line. And though it hadn’t struck me before, I suddenly came to the realization that there were probably actual Christians who played for the other team. In fact, there might even have been one Christian with Philippians 4:13 taped in their locker. So as I was trying to knock someone over with the power of Christ, so also might someone have been trying to knock me over with the same power.