Jesus is more popular than ever—but which Jesus? Today, I’m joined by Dan Darling, author of The Original Jesus, to discuss the Jesuses of our own imagining, and how reading helps us as we seek to show the real Jesus to the culture around us on Reading Writers.
Books and resources mentioned in this episode
- The Original Jesus: Trading the Myths We Create for the Savior Who Is by Dan Darling
- City of Man: Religion and Politics in a New Era by Michael Gerson and Peter Wehner
- Onward: Engaging the Culture without Losing the Gospel by Russell Moore
- The Reason for God by Timothy Keller
- The City of God by Augustine of Hippo
- Joy for the World by Greg Forster
- Take Audible for a test-drive with a free 30-day trial membership
And be sure to follow Dan on Twitter at @DanDarling.
Who will be on the next episode of Reading Writers?
Next week, Gloria Furman, author of Missional Motherhood, joins me to discuss how busy mothers can find time to read, a broader meaning of motherhood, and what beverage goes best with Bavinck’s Reformed Dogmatics.
Can I sponsor Reading Writers?
Want to sponsor a future episode of Reading Writers? Send me a note and let’s talk.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Reading Writers via iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast catcher. Please also consider leaving a rating and review on iTunes. This only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show. Finally, if you know someone who would benefit from listening, share it on your favorite social media network.
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Reading Writers!