A pastor might be a great preacher, but great preachers aren’t always great writers—so should they be writing books? Today, Jared Wilson and I discuss this and more in the first part of a two part discussion (yes, a two part!) on Reading Writers.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Why calling and gifting really matter for ministry, creativity and writing;
- Why Unparalleled didn’t feel like it was written for me (in a good way);
- The assumptions we make when we’re talking to people;
- Who he wanted to read The Story of Everything; and
- What happened when Jared left a copy of Unparalleled for the Mormon missionaries when they were coming by the house.
A few of the books and resources discussed in this episode
You can follow Jared on Twitter at @JaredCWilson. And be sure to stick around to the very end of the episode for a special bonus.
Who will be on the next episode of Reading Writers?
Next week, Jared and I continue our conversation, delving into some pretty serious stuff as we talk about comic books, storytelling, and how reading helps us become better listeners.
Can I sponsor Reading Writers?
Want to sponsor a future episode of Reading Writers? Send me a note and let’s talk.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Reading Writers via iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast catcher. Please also consider leaving a rating and review on iTunes. This only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show. Finally, if you know someone who would benefit from listening, share it on your favorite social media network.
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Reading Writers!