As a Dad, I am so thankful that my kids love to read. They’ve always loved to read, in fact. But now that the oldest two are readers, Emily and I are seeing just how important a role books play in our efforts to disciple them and help them understand the world in which we live. And that’s what we’re sharing on this episode of Reading Writers.
In this episode, you’ll hear
- Four principles for discipling your children as readers;
- What I really think about the Harry Potter books; and
- The sort of book you should never, ever let your children read.
A few of the books and resources discussed in this episode (or that we think your kids might enjoy)
- The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- 100 Cupboards by N.D. Wilson
- Outlaws of Time Vol 1: The Legend of Sam Miracle by N.D. Wilson
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis.
- Wings of Fire by Tui T. Sutherland
Can I sponsor Reading Writers?
Want to sponsor a future episode of Reading Writers? Send me a note and let’s talk.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Reading Writers via iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast catcher. Please also consider leaving a rating and review on iTunes. This only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show. Finally, if you know someone who would benefit from listening, share it on your favorite social media network.
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Reading Writers!