It’s not always easy to choose the right audiobook to enjoy on a road trip. Sometimes the book chosen is wonderful, but other times it leaves your children crying messes in the backseat. Today, Michael Kelley and I discuss what happens when you make the wrong choice and more on Reading Writers.
In this episode, you’ll hear
- How Michael traumatized his children on a family road trip;
- Why it’s hard to write good stories (especially for kids);
- Why there shouldn’t be another Harry Potter movie; and
- How our ordinary lives really aren’t.
A few of the books and resources discussed in this episode
- Boring by Michael Kelley
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne, and John Tiffany
- Where the Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls
- Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- For the Glory by Duncan Hamilton
- The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown
Can I sponsor Reading Writers?
Want to sponsor a future episode of Reading Writers? Send me a note and let’s talk.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Reading Writers via iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast catcher. Please also consider leaving a rating and review on iTunes. This only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show. Finally, if you know someone who would benefit from listening, share it on your favorite social media network.
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Reading Writers!