Christians often wrestle with a number of questions about what to read—specifically whether or not a book should be read at all. Does it help us love the Lord more fully? Does it lure us toward evil? On this week’s episode of Reading Writers, Andy Naselli joins me to talk about the conscience, and offers some guidance on how to obey it as readers. Along the way, we cover some of the burning questions you didn’t even know you were asking!
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Me ask Andy a really unfair question;
- Whether or not slow readers should try to change their speed;
- Which books Andy would recommend to someone looking to grow in their knowledge and love for God; and
- The most important literary showdown of one generation: Narnia vs Potter.
A few of the books mentioned in this episode
- Conscience by Andy Naselli and JD Crowley
- The Pilgrim’s Progress by John Bunyan
- The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
- The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis
- The Shepherd Leader at Home by Timothy Z. Witmer
- ESV Readers Edition Bible (6 volume set)
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Reading Writers via iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast catcher. Please also consider leaving a rating and review on iTunes. This only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show. Finally, if you know someone who would benefit from listening, share it on your favorite social media network.
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Reading Writers!