What keeps leaders from developing other leaders? This is a pretty sticky subject, but there might be a real answer (even if we don’t really like what it is). So what is it? Kevin Peck and I discuss this and more on today’s episode of Reading Writers.
In this episode, you’ll hear
- What keeps leaders from developing other leaders;
- Why leaders need to be (broad) readers;
- What prevents us from being better readers; and
- The book I’m going to write to put my kids through college.
A few of the books and resources discussed in this episode
- Designed to Lead: The Church and Leadership Development by Eric Geiger and Kevin Peck
- Spiritual Leadership by J. Oswald Sanders
- The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni
- The Leadership Pipeline by Ram Charan, Stephen Drotter, and James Noel
- Being There: How to Love Those Who Are Hurting by Dave Furman
- The Ashtown Burials series by N.D. Wilson
(Harry Potter and The Wingfeather Saga also received a notable shout-out, both of which have been discussed many times on the show.)
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Reading Writers via iTunes, Google Play, Stitcher, or your favorite podcast catcher. Please also consider leaving a rating and review on iTunes. This only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show. Finally, if you know someone who would benefit from listening, share it on your favorite social media network.
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Reading Writers!