Reading Writers is back in the studio this week with a new episode. On this episode, Dave and I continue our discussion of movie adaptations and books. In part two of our series on this important topic, we talk books that have been made into great movies—sometimes better than the original books themselves! Listen in as we discuss:
- The time Schwarzenegger starred in a movie based on a Stephen King story.
- The differences between a book and a movie.
- A gigantic list from our friends on Facebook!
Among the many books and movies we discuss
- The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum
- A Beautiful Mind by Sylvia Nasar
- The Princess Bride by William Goldman
- High Fidelity by Nick Hornby
- Different Seasons by Stephen King (includes the basis for Stand by Me and The Shawshank Redemption)
- Lincoln by David Herbert Donald
- No Country for Old Men by Cormac McCarthy
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- A River Runs Through It by Norman MacLean
- Casino Royale by Ian Fleming
- The Firm by John Grisham
- The Godfather by Mario Puzo
- Wonder Boys by Michael Chabon
Subscribe using the following options:
Sharing is caring!
Please consider leaving a rating and review on iTunes. This only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show. Finally, if you know someone who would benefit from listening, share it on your favorite social media network.