A couple of days before we recorded this episode, a fond memory popped up in my (Aaron’s) Facebook feed about starting the early work on what would become my first book, Awaiting A Savior. In honor of that memory, and because my next book is about to release, we decided to share some real, practical help for aspiring authors (but don’t worry, we still make fun of each other a fair bit). Listen in as we discuss:
- Why aspiring authors need to make sure they have something to say
- The starting point for Christian authors
- The vulnerability that comes from writing
- Who we should be writing for when we choose to write
- The ugly reality of platforming, sales, and the business side of publishing
- Why you need to laugh at one-star reviews
A few of the books we mentioned this week:
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- In the Hurricane’s Eye by Nathaniel Philbrick
- Them: Why We Hate Each Other—and How to Heal by Ben Sasse
And be sure to check out Epic: The Story That Changed the World, which releases April 1, 2019, from B&H Kids.
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review on Apple Podcasts. This only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show.
- If you know someone who would benefit from listening, share the show on your favorite social media network.
- Give us a follow on Twitter at @malContentsPod
- We use affiliate links from Amazon to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the podcast. Be sure to purchase a book or ten that we talk about on every episode.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM @malContentsPod on Twitter.