It’s a tight, on-point conversation today on the podcast as we let the fine folks at Goodreads guide us once again. Listen in as we talk through the following big questions:
- Describe a book you’re reading in three words
- Which author would you choose to play your favorite sport with?
- If you could give a book a different title, what would it be?
- What do you tell your child or friend when they want to read a book that you know is terrible?
A few of the (many) books mentioned in this episode:
- 18 Words and “Fundamentalism” and the Word of God by J. I. Packer
- Ask by Ryan Levesque
- The Collected Poems of Langston Hughes by Langston Hughes
- Basketball (And Other Things) by Shea Serrano
- Always Look on the Bright Side of Life by Eric Idle
- The Brothers K by David James Duncan
- The Brothers Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky
- Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
- The Soul of America by Jon Meacham
- Wait Till Next Year by Doris Kearns Goodwin
- The Packer book Aaron couldn’t remember
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review on Apple Podcasts. This only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show.
- If you know someone who would benefit from listening, share the show on your favorite social media network.
- Give us a follow on Twitter at @malContentsPod
- We use affiliate links from Amazon to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the podcast. Be sure to purchase a book or ten that we talk about on every episode.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM @malContentsPod on Twitter.