There are a lot of different personality profiles out there. Some folks swear by Myers-Briggs (e.g. INTJ), while others the DiSC profile, StrengthsFinders, or one of the 78,000 other options out there to label ourselves. So on today’s episode, we invited our friend and colleague, Jenaye White to join us on the show to discuss the Enneagram. (Do we need a trigger warning?)
Listen in to the first of a two-part conversation where we discuss:
- What Jenaye appreciates about the Enneagram (and how she first learned about it)
- The results of our survey about Dave’s increasingly hilarious nicknames
- How “ancient” are the ancient roots of the Enneagram
- Why you shouldn’t be the person who labels people by a personality profile
But don’t worry, we make sure we talk about books in there, too!
A few of the books we share on the show today include:
- The Road Back to You by Ian Morgan Cron and Suzanne Stabile
- Emotional Intelligence by Travis Bradberry and Jean Greaves
- The High Divide by Lin Enger
- The Secret Diary of Heindrik Groen, 83 1/4 Years Old
- The Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall and Denver Moore
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
Bonus content: Read Jenaye’s post that inspired this discussion from LifeWay Books. And meet Chicken Dave Schroeder, who is apparently still alive:
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review on Apple Podcasts. This only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show.
- If you know someone who would benefit from listening, share the show on your favorite social media network.
- Give us a follow on Twitter at @malContentsPod
- We use affiliate links from Amazon to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the podcast. Be sure to purchase a book or ten that we talk about on every episode.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM @malContentsPod on Twitter.