Since Dave was being all professional and in a meeting, Barnabas and I decided to have a conversation about what might be the grossest phrase associated with writing: the writing process. What are the habits, practices, and disciplines that work for us? What does it look like to be writers who have jobs? Y’know, simple stuff like that. Listen in as we dig tackle the following topics:
- Which of us would prefer to live the romanticized version of the author’s life
- What our writing processes actually look like
- Which is worse: Coldplay or Dave Matthews Band
- The best way to use humor in writing
- Why “writing like you speak” isn’t great advice
The only books we mentioned on this episode are our own, so if you’d consider all of them up, that’d be amazing.
- Awaiting a Savior
- Epic: The Story that Changed the World
- Epic Devotions: 52 Weeks in the Story that Changed the World (available for pre-order)
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review on Apple Podcasts. This only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show.
- If you know someone who would benefit from listening, share the show on your favorite social media network.
- Give us a follow on Twitter at @malContentsPod
- We use affiliate links from Amazon to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the podcast. Be sure to purchase a book or ten that we talk about on every episode.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM @malContentsPod on Twitter.