There’s often something that triggers a writer’s desire to write—even if that something is as simple as reading a book and saying, “I can do better than that.” So what were some of those moments for Barnabas and Aaron? That’s our conversation on the show today. Listen in as we discuss:
- What made us want to write in the first place
- What authors do we look to for inspiration
- Who we think are good and great writers that are producing material right now
- Do we ever imitate other writers—and should we?
- Is it possible for a good writer to become a great one?
- The strangest review of the show we’ve seen recently
And, of course, leave a creative and entertaining 5-star review on Apple Podcasts—one that we can’t help but read on the air! And if you have a question for us to answer on a future episode of the show, call our hotline at 615-538-7473 and leave us a message.
A few of the books we mention on this episode:
- Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman
- The Oracle Year by Charles Soule
- Beach Music by Pat Conroy
- The Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer
- Dare to Lead by Brené Brown
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review on Apple Podcasts. This only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show.
- If you know someone who would benefit from listening, share the show on your favorite social media network.
- Give us a follow on Twitter at @malContentsPod
- We use affiliate links from Amazon to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the podcast. Be sure to purchase a book or ten that we talk about on every episode.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM @malContentsPod on Twitter.