‘Tis the season for exhaustive lists of top- something or others from bloggers and podcasters everywhere. So, we’re getting right down to business on this episode as we present to you our completely self-serving end-of-year book lists. Along the way, we also discuss:
- When Aaron sounds most pretentious
- How we rank Tim Keller’s books
- The challenge of enjoying poetry
- Our happiness about our friend Scarlet being okay after a health scare
- What we thought about The Last Jedi
- My Grandmother Told Me to Say She’s Sorry by Fredrik Backman
- The Prodigal Prophet by Timothy Keller
- Afraid of All the Things by Scarlet Hiltibidal
- Heroes in Crisis by Tom King & Clay Mann
- The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson
- Us Against You by Fredrik Backman
- A Severe Mercy by Sheldon Vanauken
- Two Funerals Then Easter by Rachel Joy Welcher
- Proverbs: Wisdom that Works by Ray Ortlund
- The Son by Philipp Meyer
- Educated by Tara Westover
- On Desperate Ground by Hampton Sides
- Travels with Charley by John Steinbeck
- This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
- Confronting Christianity by Rebecca McLaughlin
While you’re at Amazon (or wherever you buy your books), be sure to also pick up copies (and leave a 5-star review) of a few of the books by me (Aaron) and Barnabas, all of which make for great gifts and/or stocking stuffers:
Finally, be sure to grab a few bags of the Table of (mal)Contents blend by our friends at Lagares Coffee Roasters.
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to the show.
- Give us a follow on Twitter at @MalContentsPod
- Be sure to use the Amazon affiliate links above to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the show.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM @malContentsPod on Twitter.