Dave and I are back in the studio, and we’ve brought along a friend—Joel J. Miller, Chief Content Officer of Michael Hyatt & Company. Dave and Joel are old pals, having worked together at another publisher back in the day, so listen in as they reminisce, while discuss:
- Joel’s career in publishing (and what he misses from his time in the industry)
- One of the authors Joel really regrets working with (but it’s cool for him to share this since the dude he mentions went to jail for defrauding his congregation)
- What are some good books to read to help someone understand the Eastern Orthodox faith
- Joel’s near-encounter with Owen Wilson
- What were the most controversial and/or fun books Joel worked on
- The resurgence of the library
- The importance of editors
- Our hot takes on Star Wars
Plus, a challenge for our listeners: One of you needs to find a copy of this movie and send it to Dave. (Send it to us via work: 1 LifeWay Plaza, Nashville TN, 37234)
This episode is sponsored by our friends at Useful Group. Whether you’re looking for a new website, or need help developing your marketing strategy, they want to be useful to you. Learn more at usefulgroup.com.
A few of the books we mentioned on this episode:
- The Revolutionary Paul Revere and Lifted by Angels by Joel Miller
- Welcome to the Orthodox Church by Frederica Mathewes-Green
- The Orthodox Church by Timothy Ware
- Talking to Strangers by Malcolm Gladwell
- Walking with God Through Pain and Suffering by Timothy Keller
- The Cold Dish by Craig Johnson
- Range by David Epstein
- 36 Righteous Men by Steven Pressfield
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to the show.
- Give us a follow on Twitter at @MalContentsPod
- Be sure to use the Amazon affiliate links above to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the show.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM @malContentsPod on Twitter.