Since we’re all being encouraged to practice social distancing these days, Dave, Scarlet and I decided to plug in our mics and record our first-ever episode where we weren’t in the room together (something that hasn’t been done on this show since the old Reading Writers days).
Listen in as we discuss from the safety of our own homes (and Dave’s office):
- We officially introduce our new co-host!
- Whether or not it’s a good idea to read post-apocalyptic novels when we’re kinda maybe sorta at risk of living in one
- What it’s like to be at home all-the-time
- What I (Aaron) had to do to get on Amazon’s “special handling” list
- Read-aloud time at home and online bookclubs
- What Dave thinks of Paul Coelho’s The Alchemist
- My commitment to our listeners during this difficult time
A few of the books mentioned on this episode
- Children of Men by P.D. James
- The Alchemyst by Michael Scott
- The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
- Making Sense of God by Tim Keller
- The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara
- Nothing to See Here by Kevin Wilson
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to the show.
- Give us a follow on Twitter at @MalContentsPod
- Be sure to use the Amazon affiliate links above to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the show.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM @malContentsPod on Twitter.