Well, we’re a day later than normal, friends, but we’ve got a fun episode featuring the whole crew—and our friends, Scott James, as our special guest!
Scott is a pediatric physician based in Birmingham, Ala., and the author of several books for families, including the newly released Where is Wisdom?. Listen in as:
- We weigh in on your answers about retiring the sucker punch
- Scott corrects us with science
- We talk wisdom and proverbs
- Dave leads us through a new segment that maybe doesn’t turn out so hot (or does it?)
- We discuss C.S. Lewis-ish stuff and inspiration from Jimi Hendrix
- I (Aaron) hot-take Mark Twain’s autobiography
- We discover if John Le Carre worked for MI5 or MI6
A few of the books we mentioned in this episode
- Where is Wisdom? by Scott James
- God’s Wisdom for Navigating Life by Tim and Kathy Keller
- The Autobiography of Mark Twain by Mark Twain
- Dead Wake by Erik Larson
- The Sword in the Stone by T.H. White
- Ember’s End by SD Smith
- The Gateway Chronicles by K.B. Hoyle
- The Spy and the Traitor by Ben MacIntyre
- Stay Hungry by Sebastian Maniscalco
- The Knowledge of the Holy by A.W. Tozer
- The Tales of Beedle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
- Confessions by Augustine
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to the show.
- Give us a follow on Twitter and Instagram at @MalContentsPod
- Be sure to use the Amazon affiliate links above to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the show.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM @malContentsPod on Twitter.