As you are no doubt aware, podcasts are always growing and changing, and new people pick up the show along the way. (At least, we hope that’s happening.) So, today we’re kicking off a special summer series today on the show, where each of the co-hosts jumps in the hot seat to introduce him or herself to our listeners! Listen in to hear:
- Scarlet’s early life and where she’s from
- The first book she remembers loving
- What Scarlet loves about reading—and why she needs to stop being worried about not reading as much as Dave or me
- Her top 5-ish books, and why she prefers only speaking positively about books
- What Scarlet’s pen name should be, and if one exists already
- Who her favorite SNL cast members are
Audience participation time: After every episode in this miniseries, we want you to recommend some fun (and totally appropriate) pen names for each of us. We’ll share our favorites at the end of the series (if y’all participate). Share them with us on on Twitter and Instagram at @MalContentsPod.
A few of the books mentioned on today’s episode
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- A Long Obedience in the Same Direction by Eugene Peterson
- The Broken Way by Ann Voskamp
- The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller
- The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy
- Ann of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
- Everything Happens for a Reason And Other Lies I’ve Loved by Kate Bowler
- The Nightingale by Kate Hannah
- Blue Like Jazz by Donald Miller
- One More Thing: Stories and Other Stories by B. J. Novak
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to the show.
- Give us a follow on Twitter and Instagram at @MalContentsPod
- Be sure to use the Amazon affiliate links above to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the show.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM us on Twitter or Instagram.