We’re continuing our special summer series today, where each of the co-hosts jumps into the hot seat to introduce him or herself to our listeners! This time? It’s my (Aaron’s) turn. But there’s a twist! One of us had internet problems because he was on the beach or something. So Scarlet got stuck asking me the hard questions and cringing at some of my answers. Listen in to hear:
- The epic tale of where I come from and why I started this podcast in the first place
- One of the first books I remember loving
- The difference between genres and mediums
- Some of my favorite books and a dramatic reading from one of them
- The author whose work I cannot stand
- What my pen name should be
Audience participation time: After every episode in this miniseries, we want you to recommend some fun (and totally appropriate) pen names for each of us. We’ll share our favorites at the end of the series (if y’all participate). Share them with us on on Twitter and Instagram at @MalContentsPod.
A few of the books mentioned on today’s episode
- Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency by Douglas Adams
- High Fidelity by Nick Hornby
- The Gospel by Ray Ortlund
- Knowing God by J. I. Packer
- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
- The Atticus Kodiak series by Greg Rucka
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to the show.
- Give us a follow on Twitter and Instagram at @MalContentsPod
- Be sure to use the Amazon affiliate links above to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the show.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM us on Twitter or Instagram.