Well, friends, we were planning on talking about how to set reading goals, but then something incredible happened: we had a special guest join us instead! Friend (and five-star reviewer) of the podcast Scarlet Hiltibidal stopped by the studio to chat with us about her new book, Afraid of All the Things. Listen in as we discuss:
- How you write a book with really small, highly engaging children.
- A better way to show off your author contracts on Instagram.
- What reading more widely looked like for Scarlet.
- How we feel about calling your book a “book baby.” (We love you, Jeff!)
- One of the most entertaining fears in Scarlet’s book.
And, of course, we talk about the books we’re reading, too.
A few of the books mentioned in this episode
- Afraid of All the Things by Scarlet Hiltibidal
- The Ultimate Guide for the Avid Indoorsman: Life Is Better in Here by John Driver
- Gay Girl, Good God by Jackie Hill-Perry
- The Storm-Tossed Family by Russell Moore
- Dare to Lead by Brene Brown
- One Second After by William S. Forstchen
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doer
- Beartown by Fredrik Backman
- Driving Digital Strategy by Sunil Gupta
- Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman
- The Fighters by C.J. Chivers
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review on Apple Podcasts. This only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show.
- If you know someone who would benefit from listening, share the show on your favorite social media network.
- Give us a follow on Twitter at @malContentsPod
- We use affiliate links from Amazon to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the podcast. Be sure to purchase a book or ten that we talk about on every episode.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM @malContentsPod on Twitter.