The Internet taught us something new: We’re missing out on some huge opportunities with online book clubs, courses, and whatnot. So we’re getting our thinking caps on as we workshop some ideas for the whatnot, and bring Dave’s daughter along for the ride.
Listen in as we discuss:
- How does someone become an expert in anything?
- What online course should we each create?
- What books will you pay to be a part of online reading group to read with us?
- What books would be part of a heresy 101-type book club?
- How do you pronounce “against”?
And just for fun, we’re going to start a new challenge: We’re going to read a Nicholas Sparks book together—The Notebook—and we want you to join us! Hit us up on Twitter at @malcontentspod if you’re in.
A few of the non-trash books we mentioned in this episode:
- Epic: The Story that Changed the World by Aaron Armstrong & Heath McPherson
- Alexander and the Terrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst
- The Lion’s Gate: On the Front Lines of the Six Day War by Stephen Pressfield
- When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
- Wishes and Wellingtons by Julie Berry
- The Kings of Cool by by Don Winslow
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review on Apple Podcasts. This only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show.
- If you know someone who would benefit from listening, share the show on your favorite social media network.
- Give us a follow on Twitter at @malContentsPod
- We use affiliate links from Amazon to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the podcast. Be sure to purchase a book or ten that we talk about on every episode.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM @malContentsPod on Twitter.