It finally happened: I (Aaron) finished the book I’ve been struggling to read for months, and Barnabas and I decided to talk through it while Dave was on vacation. (Because that’s what friends do.) Listen in to a surprisingly earnest discussion about family dynamics, what Dave’s doing on vacation, and our desperate need for coffee:
- Why all of Pat Conroy’s books are an emotional rollercoaster
- The risks of writing honest memoirs (even if that memoir is told as a work of fiction)
- Why it’s a huge mistake to order iced coffee (or coffee in general) from Chick-Fil-A
- The difference between experiencing spoilers in books and movies
- What Stephen Ambrose captured about the character of young men in the 1940s that seems to be missing in our generation
- Which podcast blend from Lagares Coffee Roasters is the best one (hint: it’s ours)
- How this podcast is saving a listener from living in squalor
- Barnabas’s thoughts-and-prayers request
A few of the books discussed on this episode
- Band of Brothers by Stephen Ambrose
- The Lords of Discipline, The Great Santini, Beach Music, South of Broad, The Death of Santini, and A Lowcountry Heart by Pat Conroy
- The Pat Conroy Cookbook
- Poland by James Michener
Sharing and supporting the show
- Leave a five-star rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to the show.
- Give us a follow on Twitter at @MalContentsPod
- Be sure to use the Amazon affiliate links above to help us pay for the costs of producing and hosting the show.
- Interested in sponsoring Table of (mal)Contents? Let’s talk via email or DM @malContentsPod on Twitter.